- For the second consecutive year, PaperlinX has been ranked equal-first in the 2009 WHK Horwath Corporate Governance Report, which assesses the corporate governance structures and policies of Australia’s largest 250 listed companies.
- For the fifth consecutive year, PaperlinX has satisfied the requirements of the FTSE4Good Index Series by meeting global standards of corporate responsibility for social, ethical and environmental performance. We once again participated in the Carbon Disclosure Project Survey in Australia.
- Over the past eight years, we have successfully reduced our Medically Treated Injury Frequency Rate (MTIFR) by 58 per cent and our overall Lost Time Injury Frequency Rate (LTIFR) by 49 per cent, with falls in 2009 of 21 per cent and 11 per cent respectively.
- 44 per cent of our employees around the world took advantage of the free health check offered as part of HealthLinX, our global health and wellbeing programme.
- Our Australian-made range of carbon-neutral papers, ENVI™, won three categories in the 2009 Australian Business Awards: Best Eco-Friendly Product, Product Innovation, and Marketing Excellence.
- PaperlinX implemented a global carbon policy to ensure consistent explanations across the Company in the measurement of carbon intensity of our own operations and of the products we buy and sell.
- PaperlinX reached its target of 100 per cent of operating companies achieving multiple chain-of-custody certification.
- The upgrade of the pulp capacity at Maryvale Mill was completed along with the new elemental chlorine free (ECF) bleach plant, further improving the environmental performance of the mill.